Tribe of Mentors –
Short Life Advice from the Best in the World
Tim Ferris, the author of The 4-Hour Workweek, came up with another powerhouse of a read with this book, Tribe of Mentors – Short Life Advice from the Best in the World!
The intro covers when Tim turned 40 years of age and he started assessing his life and finding that proverbial “fork in the road” moment of questions and trying to come up with the right answers to his many questions
The one question that he asked was, “What if I assembled a tribe of mentors to help me?” More specifically, what if I asked 100+ brilliant people the very questions I want to answer for myself.
I must admit that not only is the question a great one, I am glad he decided to put in a book for us to read and glean powerful nuggets and lessons from, to apply in our daily walk.
He also asks you, the reader, eleven questions that should get your own mind churning on those thought provoking answer and responses that may surprise you to say the least.
Here are five of those 11 questions here…
1. What purchase of $100 or less has most positively impacted your life in the last six months (or in recent memory)?
2. How has a failure, or apparent failure, set you up for later success? Do you have a “favorite failure” of yours?
3. What is an unusual habit or an absurd thing that you love?
4. In the last five years, what new belief, behavior, or habit has most improved your life?
5. In the last five years, what have you become better at saying not to (distractions, invitations, etc.)?
Like it is stated in the book’s intro, “This book is not intended to be a passive experience. It’s intended to be a call to action.”
Make it HAPPEN!!!
P. Jackson “The Action Online”
p.s. Here’s your call to action to grab a copy of the book here on Amazon